Our client is a young dynamic IT company based in Luxembourg and specialized in IT infrastructure services and B2B solutions. We are looking for a Virtualisation Engineer.
As a Virtualisation Engineer, the candidate will provide IT support and expertise server, virtual machine and storage management.
You will be in charge of installing, maintaining, and improving Servers, including Windows, both physically and virtually.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Provide regular reporting to the lab manager regarding current tasking and progress of tasks.
- Deploy and configure virtual machines and templates.
- Deploy and configure vCenter Server Appliance.
- Backup and restore vCenter Server.
- Configure and manage the Virtual Distribution Switch.
- Modify, clone, upgrade, and remove virtual machines from the vCenter Server inventory and datastore.
- Customize virtual machines using customization specification files.
- Scan and remediate hosts.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and interface with vendor and other technical support representatives as needed.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, create users and groups, review log files, diagnose and solve permission issues, monitor performance, and troubleshoot alerts from DoD, commercial, opens source, and local monitoring tools.
- You are holder of Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science with a main focus in Virtualization, Telecom or Network.
- A recent Vmware VCP (>5) certification would be considered as an asset.
- A recent experience with NetBackup and/or NetApp.
- You have minimum 3-5 years of relative experience performing operating system configuration and deployment, application management.
- You have an expertise in Microsoft solutions (Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint), virtualization solutions based on VMware: Networking concepts, VMware ecosystem (vSphere, vCenter, vCloud), virtualization concepts, storage concepts (iSCSI, NFS).
- You are fluent in French and English. Any other European language is a plus.
- You are motivated and result-oriented, but also a “people” person.
- You are rigorous and serious person. Your working style is step-by-step processing. You are ready to join the great and multicultural team in the modern European capital.
For more information please contact Zach TRAER by phone on +352 26 29 45 24.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.